Locally grown and packaged in Yorkshire to provide feeding hay of the finest quality, Burgess Excel Long Stem Feeding Hay is designed to meet the nutritional requirements of herbivorous rabbits promoting a healthy digestive system and optimum health.
Rabbits should be fed in a way that mirrors their natural diet, with mostly grass or hay. Not all hay is equal – bedding hay may be comfortable to sleep on, but it is not nutrition or tasty, and can be yellow/brown in appearance and often dusty. Feeding hay however is highly palatable and nutritious, dust extracted to help maintain respiratory health. Lush green and sweet smelling, feeding hay is irresistible to rabbits, and an essential part of their diet!
High in fibre and great for the digestive system of rabbits, Burgess Excel Long Stem Feeding Hay meets the high-fibre nutritional requirements of rabbits, as without it, they are at considerable risk of gut statis due to their unique digestive system compared to that of other family pets. They require a quality feeding hay such as Excel Long Stem, as it provides essential sources of fibre for healthy digestion whilst promoting emotional wellbeing too. It also encourages a grinding action when eaten by rabbits, stimulating chewing and helping to wear down their ever-growing teeth, maintaining their normal shape and length. This helps prevent damage to a rabbits’ cheeks and teeth as well as discomfort and pain that may make them reluctant or unable to eat.
Providing physical and emotional stimulation as well as providing essential nutrition, Burgess Excel Long Stem Feeding Hay allows your pet to express their natural behaviours, as wild rabbits can spend up to 70% of their time eating grass and plants. A dust extracted 100% natural Timothy Hay, it promotes the respiratory health of rabbits, with a fresh fragrance they find truly irresistible.
- Premium quality long stem Timothy Hay
- Seed Head, the tastiest part of the crop
- The Leaf, providing a natural source of essential vitamins and minerals
- The Stem, the most important part of the hay, packed with beneficial fibre to help digestion and prevent obesity
- High in beneficial fibre (63%), promoting digestive health
- With long hay stems stimulating chewing, great for the dental health of your rabbit
- Encourages foraging, providing emotional enrichment
- Dust extracted for respiratory health
- Highly palatable with a fresh fragrance rabbit’s find truly irresistible
- 100% natural
- British grown to ensure quality and taste satisfaction
- Resealable pack to retain freshness
- Suitable for all rabbits
Feeding Guideline: Feed your rabbit a minimum of their body size in feeding hay every day as part of a complete feeding plan.
Composition: Timothy Hay 100%
Analytical constituents: Beneficial Fibre 63%m Crude Protein 8%, Crude Oils and Fats 1.8%, Crude Fibre 33%, Crude Ash 7%, Sodium 0.00%.
Safety Note: Always read safety instructions and directions for use on packaging before use. Ensure fresh drinking water is available at all times. Feed as part of a complete feeding plan to ensure balanced and optimum daily nutrition.
To find out more about Burgess Pet Care and their range of products, click here!