Designed to provide quick, effective and varied mental stimulation for your dog, Calm Dog Games encourages a variety of enrichment activities, training exercises and brain games with a quick, easy, fun and stress-free format.
How do Enrichment Games work?
Thinking and decision making is tiring for dogs. Through games, we can stretch their mind. This adds fun, interest and enrichment to their day, develops positive behaviours like calmness, and yes, cultivates a satisfied, sleepy pooch (ahhh peace and quiet)!
Enrichment games make CALMNESS a priority and help you spend quality time with your best friend – Chloe, Owner calmdoggames.com
Developing Positive Behaviours
Rather than training dogs to perform “tricks” (i.e. sit, lie down, spin etc), our focus is on targeting and reinforcing positive behaviours – namely CALMNESS, CONFIDENCE and RESPONSIVENESS to you when in distracting environments.
The enrichment games hardwire these three core components because they are designed in a way that…
- … dogs find engaging – Dogs love to play and are individuals in their own right, thus they learn best through fun and positive reinforcement.
- …rewards good decisions – Give your dog the opportunity to make “good” decisions and challenge their decision making ability.
- …keeps it fresh – With 52 different games, many with multiple levels of progression, you can keep your dog on their toes!
Calm Dog Games is a fun and unique way to help support the mental and emotional wellbeing of your dog. Dogs are intelligent creatures, so if you don’t guide their decision making process and do it in a way that benefits them, they will continue making their own decisions based on what’s worked for them in the past, e.g:
- Pulling on the leash = getting to the woods faster
- Chasing critters = expressing primal drives
- Chewing shoes = letting off stream, releasing anxiety etc
By coming at the 3 core positive behaviours of CALMNESS, CONFIDENCE and RESPONSIVENESS from all different angles, stretching their brain to make connections, you are lending them to make these good decisions more often and in different scenarios.
The enrichment games included within are divided into different categories so the user can select a key area to work on, as and when needed, or they can choose from the whole deck for a holistic approach to developing positive behaviours:
- CALM – Calmness is the kingpin to a responsive dog. This includes calming activities that utilise their nose, creative ways to reward calm behaviour and real-world scenarios (such as developing calmness for the groomers or vets! )
- FOCUS – Focus is the combination of presence and mind (a calm but switched on state), attentiveness to you and the ability to be patient. The games are designed to hone this calm-focus.
- PUZZLE – these are the Brain Games! Different puzzles to get your dog thinking. These are the go-to games when you need to tire them out fast!
- PLAY – This category is all about fun and letting off steam! Being playful is hugely appealing to dogs, as they will love to play and this will help you become their go-to for a good time (as opposed to the fun-police, which we can so easily become!)
- BOND – Think of this category like team-building activities you can do together. These help build confidence for both of you and forge stronger trust with each other.
Thinking isn’t just tiring for dogs, it’s tiring for us too. So we’ve done the legwork and devised 52 games to keep your dog on their toes, most with multiple levels of progression. All you have to do is pick a card. The best part is you can play them in as little as 60 seconds. So you can sleep soundly knowing your dog has had an enriching day, even when you’ve been rushed off your feet. – Chloe, calmdoggames.com
This deck is fantastic, and we’re honoured to be a stockist. It puts enrichment and brain games into the palm of your hand – simply pick a card and make your dog’s day!
- Pick a card – Select from a category or choose from the whole deck.
- Follow the instructions – Play the game for 60 seconds to 5 minutes max.
- Play again, or chill – 3-5 games over the course of the day is sufficient.
By purchasing this item you are supporting an independent UK Small Business. Thank you 💙