Carefully developed to effectively tidy up your dog’s coat the Mikki Stripping Knife clears away your dog’s old top coat allowing the new coat to come through, perfect for wiry coated dogs such as terriers.
A premium quality grooming tool made from the finest quality, heat treated stainless steel the Mikki Stripping Knife ensures effective, long lasting use, with an anti-rust and highly durable design. Featuring a cutting edge between the teeth and blunted teeth tips it ensures your thumbs are kept safe during use, and has been designed to provide a comfortable yet effective grooming experience for you and your dog.
Suitable for all dogs, particularly those with wiry coats, the Mikki Stripping Knife has been designed to allow for use by both left and right handed users, with a new and improved ergonomic handle to ensure comfort and precision for the user. Suitable for coarse coated dogs.
Note: For best results don’t bath your dog prior to stripping as this will prevent you from getting a good grip on the hair. Using a block of grooming chalk, such as Hatchwells Chalk, on the area you will be pulling can also help you get a better grip.
- An effective grooming aid to strip away your dog’s top coat
- Developed to help you tidy up your dog’s appearance, stripping away the old top coat and allowing the new coat to grow through
- Ideal for wiry coated breeds such as terriers
- With a new and improved ergonomic handle for additional comfort for the user
- Made with the finest quality, heat treated stainless steel for reliable results and ongoing use
- Anti-rust and highly durable design
- Blunted teeth tips ensure your thumbs are kept safe
- Suitable for both left and right handed users
- Designed for coarse coated dogs
Directions for Use: Before using a stripping knife ensure your pet is comfortable and used to being groomed. Remove any knots or matts by grooming through the coat first.
Hold the stripping knife with the smooth side of the blade facing you. Follow the grain of the dog’s coat using a combing action to gather the hair between the serrated teeth. Hold the hair in place with your thumb and gently pull the hair toward you to remove the hair. Take only small amounts at a time and using minimal force.
Safety Note: Always take care when grooming your pet, ensuring gentle application. Grooming your pet is essential for many reasons including promoting good skin and coat health and offering vital interaction between pet and owner. Always read packaging and instructions for use before using this product.
To find out more about Mikki Pet Products and view their range click here!