Providing everything you need is one box, the BEAPHAR Lactol Animal Feeding Set is a complete kit ideal for hand rearing, suitable for kittens, puppies and small animals with any milk replacer such as Lactol Puppy Milk or Lactol Kitten Milk.
Ideal for rearing young animals and hand feeding sick or convalescing pets, the Beaphar Lactol Animal Feeding Set is a 6-piece set containing:
- Feeding Bottle x1
- Feeding Teats x4
- Cleaning Brush x1
- A complete feeding kit with a feeding bottle, four teats and cleaning brush
- Ideal for hand rearing new-born and growing animals
- Ideal for feeding sick or convalescing pets
- Suitable for use with any animal milk replacer
- Replacement teats sold separately
- Great for kittens, puppies, guinea pigs, rabbits, hedgehogs and more
How to Use: Ensure all equipment is clean and sterile before use, preferably by soaking in a sterilising solution.
- Mix the milk replacer as directed and allow to cool until lukewarm (38°C or blood temperature).
- Puncture the top of the teat with a thick needle or cut a small piece off the top with scissors. Be careful: too large an opening in the teat can cause gagging
- Put a suitable amount of prepared milk replacer into the bottle and ensure it is re-secured properly. If using Beaphar Lactol, refer to the feeding guidelines on the tub.
- Gently insert the teat into the animals mouth, release a few drops into the cheek and allow to swallow. DO NOT SQUEEZE HARD in case you force liquid into the lungs.
- Do not allow young animals to chew on the teat. If an animal is chewing rather than sucking, it has finished feeding and the bottle should be withdrawn.
- Clean the bottle and rubber teat thoroughly after each use. If dish-washing liquid is used, rinse thoroughly afterwards.
Be prepared to repeat this every 2-3 hours until the animal is strong enough to feed from a bottle.
Always read safety instructions, leaflets and/or packaging before use. While every care is taken to ensure product images, nutritional information and stated features are correct, these may vary slightly depending on manufacturer changes. Should you have any concerns regarding use or effectiveness of this product, please contact the manufacturer directly. Always ensure access to clean, fresh water for your pet and discard any damaged or defective items to keep your pet safe and healthy.