Specially designed to provide functional oral care for dogs and cats, Beaphar Toothpaste has been carefully developed to care for your pet’s teeth and gums, providing you with a convenient yet effective dental regime that can be introduced with ease and provided two to three times a week as a minimum.
Formulated with advanced plaque, bacteria and tartar fighting enzymes, Beaphar Toothpaste is an effective and convenient dental treatment, with a delicious liver flavouring to make it more readily accepted by pets. It’s perfect for use with both cats and dogs, with a carefully developed veterinary strength formula, effectively freshening breath and preventing plaque, bacteria, tartar build up and dental disease in pets.
Designed for regular use to help improve your pet’s oral health and reduce the need for expensive dental treatment, Beaphar Toothpaste contains two advanced enzymes that fight bacteria and break down plaque. These are:
- Protease, a plaque and tartar destroying enzyme that destroys the protein structure of plaque before it binds with calcium, thus preventing tartar formation in the mouth
- Glucose Oxidase, an enzyme that breaks glucose down to form gluconic acid, a harmless substance that produces a small amount of hydrogen peroxide providing antibacterial action, killing the bacteria responsible for bad breath
An effective dental cleaning treatment suitable for all cats and dogs, Beaphar Toothpaste also contains Sodium Tripolyphosphate, helping to prevent dental tartar accumulation and dental disease in pets. It’s a fluoride free formula, readily accepted by pets due to its delicious liver flavouring, and is recommended for use with the Beaphar Toothbrush for a thorough and effective clean. It promotes fresher breath and helps prevent plaque and tartar formation reducing the risk of dental disease in pets by maintaining good oral health throughout, and is part of an effortless, effective range of oral care products from Beaphar, ideal for regular use to provide your pet with a daily dental regime to keep teeth clean and healthy.
- Part of an effective, effortless range of oral care products for pets
- Ideal for regular use, providing you and your pet with a convenient pet dental regime to keep teeth clean and healthy
- Liver flavoured toothpaste, for a more readily accepted formula
- With active enzymes, fighting plaque and tartar, freshening breath and preventing dental disease
- Helps maintain good dental health in dogs and cats
- Fluoride free formula, safe for pets
- Ideal for use with the Beaphar Toothbrush for maximum effect
- Suitable for all breeds of dog and cat
How to Use: It is important to introduce your pet to teeth cleaning slowly. The following steps should be achieved gradually. Do not move onto the next step until your cat or dog is happy with the current step. The duration and frequency of each step needs to be built up steadily to avoid teeth cleaning becoming a stressful experience for both you and your pet.
- Lift your pet’s lips to expose the teeth. Reinforce this by giving them lots of praise.
- Once your pet is used to having their mouth touched on the outside, start running your finger along their teeth.
- When they are accustomed to this, introduce them to a small amount of Beaphar Toothpaste. Place some on your finger, allowing them to lick it off. The toothpaste is liver-flavoured and most pets love it. We recommend using the Beaphar Toothbrush with your Beaphar Toothpaste. This handy, soft grip, double-ended toothbrush has two brush head sizes, each with varying length bristles to help you to reach all your pet’s teeth, even the hard to reach areas in their mouth.
- When they are used to the taste and texture of the toothpaste, and having their mouth touched you can start to introduce the Beaphar Toothbrush. To do this, simply wet the bristles on the toothbrush and place some Beaphar Toothpaste on it.
- Allow your pet to investigate and lick the delicious liver-flavoured toothpaste off the toothbrush. Be sure to give them plenty of praise.
- When they are comfortable with each of the steps, it is time to combine all elements of the training. Start by brushing a few teeth on this session and gradually build up each time until all their teeth can be cleaned.
Be sure to thoroughly clean any dental tools (e.g. toothbrush) after each use to prevent the build up of bacteria. Replace the toothbrush after three months, or sooner if the bristles look worn.
Note: Toothbrush not included. Sold separately.
Active Ingredients: Protease, Glucose Oxidase, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Zinc.
Safety Note: Always ensure fresh drinking water is available. Many pet health problems can stem from a lack of attention to oral hygiene. Daily oral care helps reduce bacteria and early plaque formation, helping to prevent bad breath and tooth decay. Always read safety instructions, leaflets and packaging before use. It is important to not use human tooth care products on your pet as these products usually contain fluoride which is toxic to animals and can result in serious health problems.