Hello, and welcome to the first post of Bella’s Blog!
After months of working hard on all aspects of our site, we are so excited to finally reveal our new look website!
We have had loads of ups and downs trying to get everything perfect for our relaunch, and would like to take this opportunity to thank you for bearing with us. We have listened to every comment our customers have made regarding our previous site – both good and bad! – and have ensured all issues have been taken into account during the design process, which has all come together to create a website that we really, really hope you are happy with.
A number of comments were made regarding the search – sigh – and the usability of our site, both on desktops and tablet devices. We were very, very aware of these issues as it annoyed us as well! But we can finally say… WE HAVE A WORKING SEARCH BAR!!!!! Our site is also now mobile friendly, meaning you can take us with you anywhere and navigate around our site with ease to your hearts content.
So you may have purchased from us in the past, but don’t really know much about who it is behind the emails, the phone calls and dispatching your orders. Purely Pet Supplies Ltd was established in 2012 by Bella’s mum, Lauren, who has worked within the pet industry now for over 8 years and has had plenty of experience with various pets (at one point, she had 10 cats/kittens, 2 dogs, fish and a hamster because she just COULD NOT say no, and was working with a rescue cattery to offer a helping hand in re-homing cats). At the beginning, Lauren worked on her own processing orders, providing new products and looking after you wonderful bunch that have been with us from the start. In late 2014, it got to the stage where it was too busy and Lauren’s sister, Shannon, joined the team full time. Since then we have seen massive changes, both in-house and also visibly to our customers. This is both in the service we offer and on our website. We have changed premises, taken on new staff that love pets as much as we do, have expanded our warehouse, linked with new suppliers to extend our ranges and get the best prices for you, and have built some fantastic relationships with wholesalers, manufacturers, delivery drivers and our customers.
As pet owners ourselves and having some of the most awkward dogs you could imagine, we would like to think we are pretty clued up on most aspects of pets. In particular, we know all about dogs allergic to the earth (that would be our Bella, allergic to everything from grass and weeds to meat and carrots) and how to deal with them, and training little puppy rascals that, although has come from a horrible life to a life only most dogs could dream of and has grown up to be a loving, caring and loyal beauty, still feels the need to nibble noses, rip any paper documents available and whine at the most inconvenient times (if you have ever experienced a dog barking or whining whilst on the phone to us, that would be Mia saying hello). Although from the outside we may look like a large commercial business, we are in fact a small, independent family run company dedicated to providing knowledge & advice on pet products and pet related issues, fantastic customer service and a large range of products to meet everyone’s wants and needs. We’ve grown up surrounded by animals of varying sizes and we, like most pet owners, worship our furry (and scaly.. and sometimes bald) family members, and that is why our motto is ‘To provide for your pets like they were our own’.
If you have not had chance to have a proper look round the new site, we have listed everything below to make it all a little more convenient for you:
- Easy navigation and mobile friendly version.
- A fully functional search bar (AT LAST!!)
- The option to place your orders over the phone for those who prefer it that way.
- Updated online product catalogue – We have manually listed every single product you see on our site with them all individually edited by ourselves. This means we know a little bit about everything we have to offer and have ensured every product comes complete with a detailed description, product composition (where relevant) and high res images so you can always make an informed decision when purchasing.
- Special offers – We did begin offers just before we moved over to the new site, but now they are bigger and better than ever! From BOGOF deals to massively discounted ranges, we will be updating our special offers every 4 weeks for you to take advantage of.
- Monthly competitions on our Facebook, Twitter & Instagram feeds (see below for quick links to our pages and give us a like!)
- Bella’s Blog – This is our chance to interact with you and let you know about the products we have tried and tested, new ranges, exciting news, common pet problems and more, and we want you to get involved. Underneath every post will be a comment box where you can comment on our blogs and let us know your thoughts and personal experiences.
- Product reviews – On every product page, you will see a review section. This is for you all to give your personal opinions on any products you have purchased from us, both good and bad, to help other pet owners make the right choice when choosing for their pet.
- Personal delivery service to local customers in West Bridgford, Nottingham. (please see delivery terms and conditions for more information)
So, i think that covers everything. Hopefully after this, you will feel like you know us a little better and are as happy with the changes that we have made as we are. We have worked really hard on getting this right for you guys and would love to know what you think so drop us a comment below! We couldn’t have got to where we are now without your continued support and loyalty, and thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being with us through the years.
We have got some AMAZING things coming in 2017 for you, and will be updating you on Bella’s Blog so please check back whenever you visit to see what’s new and keep updated with everything Purely Pets related!
Lots of love,
Lauren & Shannon, Bella & Mia (currently snoring away in the office and loving life)